Saturday, October 9, 2010

Lady and the Tramp

I remember first seeing this movie in the theater in 1980 at the age of 6, and becoming so obsessed with it that I drew the characters endlessly (at one point when I was older I won an art contest and received a private tour of the Disney animation studio in Burbank, CA). I also remember the frustration I felt at how long it took Disney to release it to home video, which finally happened when I was a teenager. The story is lovely and the characters absolutely wonderful and memorable, the songs are not overdone and are a nice addition rather than a distraction, and overall this is a movie that adults can enjoy as much as children. The extras DVD with this edition is great with a lot of enjoyable material, especially about the history of the development and artwork of the movie. I highly recommend this edition for Disney lovers, animation lovers, and anyone who loves an engaging and charming story.

lady and the tramp

No comments:

Post a Comment